Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic addiction therapies utilise the methods of non-medicinal recovery, which are used for complement treatment practices of the traditional variety. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Scheduled exercises
- Healthy nutrition
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
Patients recovering from addiction may experience sleeplessness, poor nutrition and stressful feelings - all those aspects successfully overcome with the help of holistic therapy. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Getting the person's body back in shape
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Some of the main therapies include
- Therapy For Nutrition
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- Clear-headed patients are more successful in overcoming addiction.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Acupuncture is another method that is used to restore any imbalances to the body of an addict after an extended period of substance abuse.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Common techniques which are paired when using holistic methods includes
- Medically supervised/assisted detoxification
- Good medical care
- Counselling sessions
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. One can keep their health in check and still recover from the addiction when they use this and other techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapse can sometimes be easily avoided if a person knows how to deal with emotional problems.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. You will definitely get a rehab centre near you that can help you in the recovery process.
Welcome to call us on 0800 772 3971 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.