Getting To Know About Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. Exploratory treatment brings the cure for dependency into the open, the workshops, and other places.
Exploratory treatments are first-hand, engrossing proceedings which aid recuperating users handle and manage previous agony.
Other recuperating users could feel uneasy speaking to counsellors in a customary therapy environment. Exploratory treatments place recuperating users in the settings wherein they could feel at ease, like in the open area or in a workshop or recording studio.
Experimential therapy utilizes non traditional treatment settings to help addicts work through stifled sentiments and feelings.
Regular experimential therapy activities
- Mountain climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Music therapy
- Adventure based therapy
- Game therapy
- Adventure therapy
Experimential therapy is intended to help those in recuperation build up a more grounded feeling of self by grappling with covered feelings and past injuries. With the help of experimential therapy, a recovering addict can begin to understand how these issues can be faced without returning to drugs as an escape route.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Addicts may need real challenges to defeat their issues, and that is what activities like climbing give them through the use of their whole physical strength. Exploratory treatment could educate recuperating users on how to manage daily pressures such as urges as well as addiction provocations.
Experimential therapy has additionally demonstrated compelling in treating many clutters that co-happen with fixation. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Experimential Therapy
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
The recovering addicts will be able to let their guard down during experimential therapy, which will allow for an accurate evaluation with the patient for the therapists also to deal with the mental healing for addicts.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Experimential Therapy Used With Other Treatments
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Withdrawal symptoms from many drugs can be uncomfortable and also dangerous, therefore, it is essential to begin any treatment program with a medical detox. Inpatient and outpatient recovery programs can both withdrawal symptoms during the detox. Thereafter several therapies can be utilised in conjunction with experimential therapy in order to provide proper treatment for the individual through the recovery process.
Experimential therapy is regularly utilized nearby customary recovery systems to make an extensive treatment program for recouping addicts.
Usual Methods Applied In Experimential Therapy Involve
- Equine Assisted Learning
- These are therapeutic exercises that involve the use of horses.
- But is not what many people can think at the beginning, the addicts will feed the horses, take them to walk, bond with them, they are not riding the horses.
- The different methods used by recovering addicts when interacting with the horses can provide insights about their mental and emotional states.
- Identifying and dealing with the damaging emotions that the addicts many not even know they have is what Equine-assisted psychotherapy aid to do to the addicts.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation And Reprocessing [EMDR]
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, biking, white-water rafting and rock climbing are part of this therapy.
- Experience therapy helps recuperating addicts create moral duty, relational abilities and critical thinking aptitudes while working inside a gathering setting.
- Art Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Receive The Best Treatment For You
We can help you to find an addiction treatment program that will be just right for you. Some centres for drug rehab specialise in experimential therapies with obstacle courses, rock climbing walls and art studios within their premises. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 772 3971.