Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
Your recovery will be that much smoother if you understand what a rehabilitation treatment centre is all about, what goes on during treatment, how long it takes and how much the whole programme will cost you.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. Rehabilitation can assist an addict to work towards a wholesome, content and drug-free lifestyle.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After detox, rehab continues with behavioural therapy. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Aftercare A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. Longer programs manage the cost of the chance to concentrate on the underlying causes and practices behind the addiction and more opportunity to improve calm living practices.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
Long haul recuperation, moreover, may include progressing treatment in individual and additionally group form, together with attendance at 12-stage or support group gatherings. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Numerous great treatment programs offer their own sorts of aftercare projects, or work with you to build up a strong aftercare programs before leaving treatment to help effective long haul recuperation. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. A relapse can be seen as a chance to reassess where you are and to get back into a program to get the support you need to continue on being sober.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Amenities provided - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- How long the program is - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- The location - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. If the facility is in a location that is not close to the home, then the entire cost of treatment should include the cost of travel to the facility.
- Kind of Program - Residential rehab programmes involve the patient living at the facility for the duration of the treatment under the care of medical staff round the clock, this, of course, costs more.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. Dependency can be expensive because of
- The cost of the medications
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal penalty fees
- Medical bills for physical or mental health issues that may come up because of addiction
Dependency will "cost" an individual in other manners as well, differing from the weakening of relationships to a state of unhappiness and bad health in general.
Can I Use Insurance?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. It is wise to confirm with the service before you commit yourself for the programme as some insurance covers only cater for only part of the cost of accommodation or medication.
If your insurance program does not take care of the expense of recovery, you can talk about other instalment choices with the centre you pick. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Numerous people looking for recovery go to a recovery office far from their home. Sometimes, this helps with recovery because it takes the users out of the environment where they got into the addiction in the first place.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
To avoid running through a long distance every day, getting a facility near your home for outpatient treatment is advised. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Residential Rehab Treatment
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Clinic based inpatient administrations have restorative staff available in all circumstances, while most private recoveries will give intermittent services from healthcare experts, when required. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
The most intensive treatment programme is the inpatient programme, where patients are given round the clock 100% chance to concentrate on their healing. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Individuals with long-established or serious addictions, addictions to various substances, or with co-occurring medical and mental health issues frequently look for an inpatient rehabilitation centre for their treatment. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
Outpatient programmes can differ. Some include throughout the day sessions, while others may just treat patients for 60 minutes or two a day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
You can contact us on 0800 772 3971 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By limiting your productivity at work, the results of your addiction may reveal your current addiction situation in your office.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. These include
- Employee Assistance Programmes A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehab Centres If you have substantial work requests and need to keep up a dynamic contribution at your place of business, executive recovery facilities may encourage keeping up a nearness or continuous association at work while experiencing private treatment in a lavish, 24-hour care site.
- Outpatient Treatment At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
A luxury rehab provides way more facilities and elegant settings than a standard rehabilitation centre. They're usually in secluded areas with maximum privacy. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
Celebrities, high-level executives, and other public figures frequently select a luxury rehabilitation for all the exclusive facilities, privacy and the possibility that they will be amongst their peers, but any individual can attend these kinds of programmes when the cost involved can be covered by the insurance, out-of-pocket payments, or a combination of the two.
How To Locate An Addiction Rehab Programme
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 772 3971 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.