NHS Or Private Rehab?
For most people give the first hand choice to the private residential rehab treatment centres. Enrolment for admission is done within 24 hours. If your pocket allows it or if you are covered with private health insurance, you'll be able to get into private rehabilitation facility. In most cases, you're lucky to secure NHS admission to a private rehab clinic.
Who Can Apply With The NHS For Treatment Funding?
UK residents can choose addiction rehab treatment by NHS at group based recovery or private recovery, which is free at the purpose of conveyance. You may need to demonstrate that you have investigated local community based treatment choices, first you must qualify to meet all requirements for NHS financing at a private recovery facility. Residential admission process could take several weeks to go through pending funding approval by local addiction team to enter NHS residential rehabilitation treatment program.
You can find your local liquor and drug treatment centre through your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Flexible rehab schedule;
- Spend of admission - within 24 hours sometimes.
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients will usually have the same therapist/staff caring for them.
- Addicts will be able to concentrate on their recovery thanks to treatment taking place in secure surroundings away from concerns and temptations;
- Strong bonds is provided by the therapist community with therapist and other patients that aid recovery.
- Family can visit at certain times, there are possibilities to make phone calls or receive letters, we can sometimes provide visiting accommodation;
- Art therapy, equine therapy, fitness, gym and other correlative therapies are usually available;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than treatment on the NHS;
- Health insurance doesn't always cover it.
- Completely free;
- Accessible to everyone;
- Near to family and home, placed in the local community;
- Admission process takes a while;
- Might not be referred to residential treatment;
- Different treatments may be done at different clinics and centres;
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- Limited access to personal therapists during treatment program;
- Patients are not entitled to similar therapist/staff care during treatment program period;
- Building an outpatient support network may prove challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
NHS Alternative Cross Border Treatment
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. However, with the EU cross border healthcare regulation, it is possible to get funding in a lot faster.
Drug Rehab Somerset website can provide additional information to UK residents that want to try this alternative.