To get a better performance some athletes and students appeal to the use of Stimulants. Moreover, they are used recreationally.
By leading to a high state of alertness and an enhanced cognitive function, Stimulants act over the body. Illegal drugs like Cocaine or by medical orders are the two main ways of getting Stimulants. Injection, snorting and oral ingestion are common ways of taking Stimulants.
You must cry out for assistance, if you are a Stimulants abuser. Seek out treatment today call 0800 772 3971 .
Brands Of Prescription Stimulants
Obesity, narcolepsy, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, are some of the disorders in which Stimulants are used to treat them. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the most common prescription Stimulants. The consequences of overusing both kinds of Stimulants are almost identical, even when they are very different at a molecular level. Depending on how strong the Stimulants is supposed to be or how long it's supposed to last, a person can either be prescribed methylphenidate or amphetamines.
Prescription Stimulants that have been commonly used are
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine is applied for ADHD treatment, it was legalized in 1976 in the market by the US.
- These drugs are popularly used by the US.
- The Air force in order to keep the pilots alert and awake longer during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin was also used for treating ADHD and narcolepsy in youngsters and was approved by the FDA in 1995.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- Although Methylphenidates have the similar Stimulants effects as Amphetamines, they have a different molecular structure.
- Concerta is a recent medication utilized when treating ADHD, it was authorized for use in year 2000.
- Concerta and Ritalin have different power and lasting but both are methylphenidate.
- Desoxyn - this is a methamphetamine that is highly regulated and prescribed.
- This drug was the first used to treat obesity and has been around since 1947.
- ADHD are also among the disorders it treats.
- Ephedrine - with effects like other Stimulants, this drug have been used to decrease hunger and to deal with asthma.
- Meth labs usually use this drug as one of the ingredients and this is due to the fact that it's available over the counter.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Effects Of Abusing Stimulants
Since they have a high potential for abuse and addiction, prescription Stimulants are classified as a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act. There are reported cases of 900,000 of Stimulants abuse in the US alone.
Below are some immediate effects of Stimulants to the body
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling energetic
Improving performance rather than getting high is usually the main reason for prescription Stimulants abuse. The data shows more athletes and students are abusing this drug to significantly improve their capacity to perform.
Dopamine, which is an ecstasy-imposed chemical in the brain, is formed in huge quantity by Stimulants. The body loses its normal capacity to produce this hormone or neurotransmitter with prolonged use of Stimulants. The addiction will come thanks to the need of producing dopamine and feel its effect.
Stimulants That Are Illicit
The Stimulants class would be incomplete without mentioning Cocaine, crack and crystal meth. Stimulants ordered by a doctor have almost the same impact that these three illegal substances.