Often the impacts of the drug on the brain extend continued use and skew otherwise good judgment, It's important to have a period of no drug use in getting that person to a stable state of mind. Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts.
The plan is to get the addict to start to acknowledge his/her addiction and to decrease and ultimately put an end to substance use.
Detox Is A Series Of Interventions That Are Designed To Manage Acute Intoxication And Withdrawal Symptoms As Defined By Samhsa
Detox is separate from substance abuse treatment; it is a forerunner for it. Sometimes it may end up in a few days, but for others, detox may take a few months to end up. Futures of Palm Beach boasts detox experts who can assist you to treat withdrawal symptoms effectively and get you admitted to a customised treatment plan. It is highly recommended that you pursue a long-term treatment plan because detox does not solve the emotional, psychological, social, and cognitive problems associated with addiction.
Detoxification Has Three Steps That Should After It Has Been Completed Preferably Shift The Patient To An Outpatient/Inpatient Recovery Plan
- It is essential to correctly identify and evaluate a patient's dependency case so that a suitable treatment programme will prove to be successful.
- The assessment stage pinpoints the addiction and extent of use and reveals any hidden mental or medical conditions or complications that can occur with the substance abuse.
- Getting stabilized
- Patients start withdrawal from alcohol or drugs with the procedure called stabilization.
- The main purpose in this stage is to achieve a drug-free shape.
- In order to help with addiction process, medication can be prescribed during this phase, especially if the user has a history of heavy use.
- A true acceptance and identification of addiction starts after patients succeed in having a balanced mind and stabilized thoughts.
- This leads to the next step where the user recognizes the need for treatment in order for them to recover as well as the role that they have to play in the recovery process.
- Creating an atmosphere for entering into drug treatment
- Statistics show that a large number of people who go through the detoxification process do not go further in search of treatment for their substance abuse problem.
- There are different reasons for this phenomenon but the bottom line is that those who seek further treatment, whether in or outpatient have higher chances of recovery and lower chances of relapse.
- Great importance is placed on sticking to sobriety and addiction education.
- Patients can follow through with a clinical drug treatment program in either outpatient or inpatient context once this phase is finished.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Asking For Addiction Treatment Is Never Late
Contact Future's of Palm Beach now if you or someone you care about is suffering from drug addiction. We provide you a specialized addiction treatment facility and qualified professionals committed to your success.
You can consult a licensed therapist who can greatly identify the different options given to you so you can move towards attaining a drug-free lifestyle.